Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Will our country go down the tubes? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Will our country go down the tubes?

4 posters

Go down

Will our country go down the tubes? Empty Will our country go down the tubes?

Post by waxhawflyer Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:16 pm

History and many astute students of economics shout a resounding YES! The US will not cease to exist as a country, just level with the rest of the third world. Don't like bad news anymore than anybody else, but if you look at reality, there isn't much else out there. Mr. Alexander Tyler (a British philosopher) postulated that nations go through a 200 year cycle from slavery through prosperity and power back to slavery. Some have made it more that 200 years but none has escaped his final prophetic demise. We are about 35 years past ground O but the cliff we are racing towards is looming up fast. Sorry about the bad news folks, let me know if you see any good news on the horizion.
p.s. one ray of hope is that the European Union is develping some cracks in it's armor. Some of its members are seeing how bad they are getting hosed by membership in the EU.
waxhawflyer
waxhawflyer
Neanderthal Man
Neanderthal Man

Back to top Go down

Will our country go down the tubes? Empty Re: Will our country go down the tubes?

Post by CheeseKing Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 am

Well, have some friends that have been urging me to invest in silver. I have been doing so and am getting ready to head to the hills if our economy crashes. The dollar is no longer strong. The number of reformed christians continues to rise, so if we do fall, we have many good men to fight the good fight in building our nation back up. I say we live our leaves and establish ourselves, investing in more secure items and be able to help our friends in need in case of a deep depression. Our sins are mounted sky high and after reading through Isaiah and Jeremiah, I get chills thinking about our future. God may send nations against us and we may very well get scattered, but God is faithful to His sheep, so I fear not. Do you really think our nation is going to fall?
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Will our country go down the tubes? Empty Re: Will our country go down the tubes?

Post by ElizabethBennet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:14 am

I don't believe that our country is "going down the tubes". Things have gotten pretty bad, but I think God is working in people's hearts. I am encourage when I look around at the growing number of families and young people who are repenting of their worldy ways and following paths of righteousness. Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I have hope for this country. Very Happy

Last edited by ElizabethBennet on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 pm

I would tend to agree with the young Ms. Bennet. We are in store for some judgement, in California our whole State was on fire for approving of homosexual marriages. I don't thing that we will cease to be a country. There are a number of Christians . . . and especially the younger generation is a good sign. God has not left us.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum