Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lets see the sparks fly!

Go down

How many of you actually think your vote matters?

80% 80% 
[ 8 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Lets see the sparks fly!

Post by YoungStonewall on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Yes this is a serious question.
YoungStonewall
High Lord Protector Against Sanity

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets see the sparks fly!

Post by ElizabethBennet on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:29 am

Well, I'd like to know who is the one who says "no". Smile

My vote is just a drop in the bucket, but I believe that if we Christians unite in whom we support, every vote counts. I get so frustrated at people who won't vote, because they think their vote doesn't matter or make a difference. What audicity! Our forefathers willingly died for our freedom to vote. They gave up their lives, their fortunes, their futures, that we may be a free nation by the people, for the people. It is our right as Americans to vote, whether we think our vote counts our not (it does Smile ).

Last edited by on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

View user profile http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 am

After the debacle of the 2000 elections, I am more convinced than ever that elections in this country are nothing more than an exchange of money for votes, ergo he who has the most money wins.

The level of corruption in our nations electoral system, if it became public, I think would result in anarchy.

YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:21 am

What about Mike Huckabee? He has surged in the polls, when everybody wrote him as a penniless nobody. I'm more optimistic - I think that if we talk to our friends, neighbors, acquaintances and spread the word, there is hope that we can elect a "nobody" into office. If we can convince all the pessimistic people who think their vote doesn't count, to vote their conscience for the candidate who they believe can best run this country, I think their could be a better outcome that we've seen before. It is our constitutional right to vote, bought by blood, sweat and tears, and it's an extreme shame on those who take their freedoms so lightly. What about those in Iraq? Think of the joy they experienced when they were able to vote freely, as they wished, without a gun pointed to their head!
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

View user profile http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:10 pm

As for the polls, the leftist media uses then to making us think our conservative, no name candidates are doing well.

Polls mean nothing at all, just some spin doctor playing with numbers.

Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Polls can be made to say anything you want them to say.

I have absolutly no faith in any 'facts' that come from the mainstream media.

YoungStonewall
"Believe none of what you read, and only half of what you see." - Gary Jarstfer
YoungStonewall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:28 pm

To answer the original question, yes I firmly believe that my vote counts. If we all believe this, and we all vote, it will make a huge difference. One vote may seem unimportant, but when they are all tallied up every vote counts.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition." -Howell M. Forgy, chaplain on a U.S. cruiser, Pearl Harbor, 12/7/41
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

View user profile http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:37 pm

So ya'll think the election process in this country is not fraught with corruption and gross abuse?
YoungStonewall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 pm

I still think there are a lot of biased polls that mean nothing, but there are polls runned from both sides, leftists and righties. After debates, they sometimes have everyone vote on who'd they would vote for after seeing the debate. Though many would like to say all polls are wrong and biased, they have been proven to be quite accurate on many occasions. People have been caught messing with the votes in the past, but those caught were punished. If people hold to the idea that their votes don't count, many won't vote, causing many votes to go down the drain. Vote like you think your vote is the deciding vote. Pray that judgement may come upon those who mess with the votes and pray that the Lord will bring us a great leader to lead us.
CheeseKing

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:07 pm

Often times the question, "Does your vote count?" is answered from the wrong perspective. Sure, when you look at the entire country, or even the state in which you live, your vote seems insignificant. To put it in perspective though, we need to ask, "Does our vote matter to God?" Are there scriptural rules to voting? If there are rules set down by our Creator, then the specific result (whether our guy wins or looses) of our vote is not the issue. The issue is whether or not we faithful to God's commands. He is in charge of the results. Once we start placing the realm of results in our domain, pragmatism and its evil twin humanism begin creeping in. For a clear example of this in the church one need only look to the purpose driven nonsense that has replaced the word of God in many congregations across this land.
God ordains not only the ends, but the means. Let us vote as Christians, not democrat, republican or independent. For further study on voting as a Christian see Deut. 17:14-20 and Ex. 18:14-27. On these rules there is no compromise. So I leave you with this question . . . "Is our vote pleasing to God?"
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:16 pm

Oh . . . by the way, my vote on this forum did count. Congressman Ron Paul is now leading in this forum's poll.
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down