Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Thoughts on the Iowa Debate EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thoughts on the Iowa Debate

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the Iowa Debate Empty Thoughts on the Iowa Debate

Post by BrianEschen Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:02 pm

I have the pleasure of being in Iowa this week. The "public" television station (better described as a station supported by money stolen from taxpayers) hosted a GOP debate. It was hosted by the Des Moines Register which is a very anti Christian newspaper. The format was atrocious. I thought debate used to mean that the candidates would interact with eachother. In this one the moderator asked questions and gave candidates anywhere from a whole minute to 30 seconds to answer. What a joke! Nothing serious came up.

One thing that was humurous had to do with Alan Keyes, whom I thought was out as he did not participate in the last debate. The moderator kept skipping over him in her questioning, so he interupted in order to point out that the only reason he was being skipped over was because the media and the Republican party did not want to hear what he had to say. What I gather he meant by that was his view of killing babies because he went on to accuse the so-called front runners, Guliani and Romney, of being for the killing of babies. He literally forced the moderator to let him answer questions. Smile

Another intersting point that I thought would be good to bring up in this forum is some positions that Huckabee took. He was asked that since faith was so important to him and could not be separated from policy, what specific policies would change in the area of health care and education because of his strong Christian faith? What an excellent question in an otherwise disappointing debate!

Instead of telling you what I think of his response, I will give you a summary of how he answered and let you respond . . . "Jesus taught us that we need to treat others the way we want to be treated, and He also said that as much as you have done it unto the least of these my bretheren, you have done it unto me. That means that we need to make health care available to more people and make sure that we work hard to get music and art as a part of curriculum in every school."

That sounds pretty biblical doesn't it? scratch Get your Bibles out and see if it is indeed scriptural. study
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Iowa Debate Empty Re: Thoughts on the Iowa Debate

Post by ElizabethBennet Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm

For those who may be curious, there is a transcript of the "debate" here: http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=890
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:52 pm

Oh my goodness! Shocked We are commanded to help the poor and needy, but it is not the civil government's job. If you make me pay for someone else, that is robbery. We are commanded as christians to help the needy, so we need to snap out of it and take back the powers that were taken from the church. I wish we could go teach Huckabee a bit about what a government should and should not do, biblically...
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum