Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Xmas...ahem...Christmas EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Xmas...ahem...Christmas

+2
BrianEschen
89whiteandnerdy
6 posters

Go down

Xmas...ahem...Christmas Empty Xmas...ahem...Christmas

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 pm

What is your opinion of the mutilation of Christmas in this country? It seems like everything about Christmas that actually has to do with Christ is being drowned out in the modern meaning of the holiday. Even the greeting has changed - from Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays.

Discussion?
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Xmas...ahem...Christmas Empty Re: Xmas...ahem...Christmas

Post by BrianEschen Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:39 pm

I agree. And since I have extra time on my hands, I will reply to this one as well. Wink In the past couple of years it has been amazing how quickly companies, newspapers and our civil magistrate is trying to confuse what holiday we are actually celebrating. How many people have you met that celebrate Kwanza or Hannukah? How about Christmas?
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:44 pm

And to quote from Brad Stine, why do they only say Happy Holidays for Christmas? I mean, the other holidays are holidays too, but people would look at you as if you were nuts if you said Happy Holidays for July 4th or something...It seems a purposeful substitution.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Well, to me, I see holiday as holy day. Easter and Christmas are holidays to me. I may say "Happy Holiday" rather than holidays, but I will probably just say "Merry Christmas" and urge everyone to say "Merry Christmas" whenever possible. If Christmas dies, its our own faults. Rise up oh men (and women) of God!
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobito Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm

CHRISTMAS RESOLUTION
Yesterday the House voted on a resolution to recognize the importance of Christmas and Christianity in America. Alright Boortz ... big deal. Well I just thought I would point out a bit of hypocrisy.
There were nine Democrats that voted against the Christmas/Christianity resolution. Those representatives were: Rep. Gary Ackerman (N.Y.), Rep. Yvette Clarke (N.Y.), Rep. Diane DeGette (Colo.), Rep. Alcee Hastings (Fla.), Rep. Barbara Lee (Calif.), Rep. Jim McDermott (Wash.), Rep. Robert Scott (Va.), Rep. Pete Stark (Calif.) and Rep. Lynn Woolsey (Calif.).
Now with one exception (Rep. Lee) all of these Democrats voted in favor of the October House resolution to honor Ramadan, a Muslim religious observance day.
Those of you who are surprised by this hypocrisy line up for your spankings now.
Here's the link for the full story: http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2007/12/12/ramadan_yea,_christmas_nay

Lobito
Loafer
Loafer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:46 am

I have no problem people saying Happy Holidays, or Seasons Greetings. After all, we have Christmas and New Years. People get school off too, that's called a holiday. So it's perfectly legitimate to call it happy holidays. However! It is ridiculous to replace that with Christmas. Mostly because, what holiday are you buying those happy holiday gifts for? Ask anyone, it's Christmas. People have said Happy Holidays since before my parents were born, it's not a new thing. So I don't mind saying that, so long as it's not because they are replacing anything.

Oh, and on another related note. I read recently on CNN's website that three jews were attacked on a subway because some atheistic americans got offended when they said, "Happy Hannukah." A muslim, however, stood up for them and helped defend them. Ironic, huh? And stupid. I mean, why would you start a fist fight just because someone said Happy Hannukah. If they had cursed and swore the atheists wouldn't have grown angry, so why when they said the name of a legitimate jewish holiday? Dis worlz gone crayzee...
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://www.fidelitybiblekits.com/theedp

Back to top Go down

Post by killiat Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 pm

isn't Christmas supposed to be a holy day celebrating the birth of Christ? i know this is maybe not the day he was born on, but still. also, where I'm at, people have started to call it winter fest, instead of Christmas. true there is also a winter fest, but not in the place of Christmas....also, has anyone else noticed how commercialized it is. most companies no longer see it as a holy day, but rather a marketing opportunity......i agree with Wylff....this world is insane.
killiat
killiat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down