Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Global Warming EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Global Warming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Global Warming EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Global Warming EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Global Warming EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Global Warming EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Global Warming EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Global Warming EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Global Warming EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Global Warming

+5
HokieAirman
jeschen
CheeseKing
tuubaaku
BrianEschen
9 posters

Go down

Global Warming Empty Global Warming

Post by BrianEschen Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:29 am

Given the looming threat of global warming, what should the government be doing to battle this problem? sunny
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Global Warming Empty Re: Global Warming

Post by tuubaaku Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:06 pm

how about we take away the "given" and prove the problem?

tuubaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Government should nod and say "We may have a problem here...". Neutral If individual states wish to fight against pollution and other such things, that's fine. If we manage to fill the two houses of Congress with people that want something to happen and we happen to have a like-minded president, then I suppose they can make an ammendment... otherwise, it sounds like a personal problem. The hearts of men are wicked and desperately evil, so they don't care about the environment God gave us to rule over. If our nation is to become a wasteland like the Middle-east, so be it. Perhaps we'll learn a lesson.

As far as Global Warming is concerned, I'd vote for a government that would whistle and twiddle their thumbs until the issue of global cooling was brought forth 30 years later. geek
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Wait a second . . . the news people all say global warming is a problem. Even my State Assemblymember is holding a forum to discuss the issue and try to sell her legislation to "solve" this "problem."
Are you suggesting that global warming is unproven? That is considered blasphemy in todays culture. So why is global warming not a problem? I was pretty hot last summer after all.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tuubaaku Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm a bit more of a mindset that global warming activists need to prove to me that there is a problem, not that I have to prove there's not a problem...

tuubaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Well, if you look at this graph, clearly the temperatures are and have been rising over the last 80 or so years. Is this not global warming? What about those poor cuddly polar bears that will go extinct because the polar ice cap is melting? Sad
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tuubaaku Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:21 pm

such loaded questions, and you're trying to make me explain why global warming isn't a problem which I don't really want to do... So I'll ask you why I should be worried about the temperature change shown on that graph. I'll also ask you to explain how that graph shows that the poor cuddly bears will go extinct because the polar ice caps are melting.

tuubaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jeschen Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 am

tuubaaku wrote:I'll also ask you to explain how that graph shows that the poor cuddly bears will go extinct because the polar ice caps are melting.
Have you ever seen that Planet Earth video (put out by BBC)? The cute polar bears have less and less ice to hunt on every year...and they have to swim a lot more to get where they're going...and they get really really hungry...and then they have to attack a walrus and they get speared by the tusk and die...and then my daughter starts crying. What are you going to do about my daughter? I think you need to go buy a hybrid car so my daughter won't cry. Sad
jeschen
jeschen

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:14 am

lol!

Well, i'll tell you what. If our Polar pals run out of ice, they can move in with me. We have a room available. Now hold on. They have to swim from one place to another. How bad is that? They actually have to exert energy? If I had to swim everywhere, I would really be in shape (or I might get lazy and have others swim around for me).

I saw an Al Gore video once. It wasn't very convincing. There is too much they can't prove. I think I will go about my life as usual. If someone wants to make better fuels, they can go right ahead. I am fine with government actions, as long as they don't limit my rights or force me to pay taxes on the environment. If they come to me and ask if i'd like to donate to a wild life fund, I might consider. Stealing (taxes) should not be tolerated, unless its being used for very specific things like the military (if we are in a Just war).
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

Back to top Go down

Post by HokieAirman Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:01 am

Wait a second.........didn't polar bears evolve from grizzly bears??? If that's the case, and all the polar bears are forced to escape the polar ice caps to survive, or die.......won't they just evolve back into grizzly bears and eat salmon instead of seals? I know the seals will be happier. And if it's warmer, won't it keep the seal population down? So the question is this...why do we need polar bears in the first place? Question
HokieAirman
HokieAirman

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:36 am

I hear the fathers kill the children too, if they get the chance. Bad role models. Yes, let them devolve back into Grizzly bears and all our problems will be solved.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:07 pm

CheeseKing wrote: If someone wants to make better fuels, they can go right ahead. I am fine with government actions, as long as they don't limit my rights or force me to pay taxes on the environment.

The problem is that corn ethanol is not better and it's raising the price of everything. Price or corn goes up making the farmers pay more for cow food, so they charge more for cheese, butter, and milk. Anything that uses those goes up in price etc. Besides that there's even a question as to whether oil is really not being "produced" underground.

Global warming isn't believed by the vast majority of scientists. It is all simply a plot to give the government more power. Sometimes the arrogance of humans actually amazes me. To think that we could actually change the weather! Rolling Eyes Besides all that who says global warming is bad? Most likely before the fall the earth was like big greenhouse. We just had an ice age a few thousand years ago.
Anyways now you know what I think of global warming. By the way I think it's called global climate change since we seem to have lost in 1 year the celsius degree we gained. scratch
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm

I would prefer to get my dairy products at lower prices, but i'll do what I have to do. It is a fact that cars can be made more efficient and can run many more miles per gallon, but its cheaper for Auto companies and to produce less-efficient cars. I suppose we could turn to greater efficiency with what we have. I have little education in either subject, so i'll just leave that up to you guys.

(to stay on topic) global warming my middle toe. Its freezing over here! Sad
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:06 pm

For all you "naysayers" out there I have THE most convincing video as to the problems associated with global warming. Check out *edit* to be explained later . . .
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 am

All politics aside and if you believe the "research" and the "facts", one points remains:

The ultimate goal of the "global warming" crowd is not unbiblical:

Better stewardship of this earth.

Their motivation is wrong as well as their methods, but their goal is admirable.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall
High Lord Protector Against Sanity
High Lord Protector Against Sanity

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:24 am

Their supposed goal is admirable. It is rather a shame that we don't have more christians starting organizations with the goal of being good stewards of the earth. God intends to restore this earth and we of all people should seek to take good care of this earth. Many christians forget or don't realize that we're going to inherit this earth one day and God commands us to be good stewards in the mean time.

The problem with the global warming crowd is that their motive is simply more government control this is just one way to disguise it. They are completely ignoring all the evidence in favor of their agenda. Besides all the petty arguments is the question, "Is global warming even bad?" I mean as far as we can tell before the flood it was much warmer and the current temperature of the earth is one reason the dinosaurs died out.
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tuubaaku Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

Another problem with some environmentalists is their disregard for human life. Sometimes, their view is that we should preserve the planet, even if it means ruining people's lives, or even causing deaths. I have a huge problem with that.

At the same time, they might have some valid points, but I haven't heard global warming defended very well. Actually, someone in my speech class on Monday tried to convince us to "go green." It wasn't very convincing, but I am happy to consider evidence for different views.

tuubaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyEowyn Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am

"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease."
Genesis 8:22
LadyEowyn
LadyEowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by HokieAirman Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:49 pm

The problem is that corn ethanol is not better and it's raising the price of everything.

Corn is not the only thing raising the price of everything. Out of control inflation is also raising the price of everything. Ethanol is helping. Ultimately, it's a bad thing...for one thing, if we convert to ethanol fuel, what happens to the price of fuel when there's a catastrophically bad year for corn?

I agree with Young Stonewall above, that we should be good stewards of the earth, but not be stealing peoples land, but by converting them to Christianity and instilling them with the same sense of stewardship that we share.

Ultimately, the market will move to correct the damage we've done to our environment. Organic farmers are realizing that they can get more productive crops by rotating them on 1/2 the acreage than when they used the entire farm year after year. Auto makers are providing cars for those who want to pay more for a 'green' car. Alternate power sources for homes are gaining popularity and are increasingly more affordable and actually provide a return of investment. Did you know it's possible to sell excess energy back to the power companies? This is a great source of passive income if the initial investment is worth it.
HokieAirman
HokieAirman

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I've heard that everyone was worring about global warming around the turn of the century (though it may have been earlier/later). I simply feel that the earth has a limited supply of natural resources - which goes to prove the young earth theory - and that we should be good stewards with what God has blessed up with. Just as long as you don't go overboard (which is never a good idea with anything).
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 am

Have y'all heard the new evidence out about global warming? Laughing
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 am

I'm not sure. Why don't you tell?
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Sat May 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Well, it turns out the global warming is more like global cooling! Laughing

Here's the email my mother received from www.grassfire.org:
>From the Desk of:
Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

5/5/2008

Dear ____,

The latest "computer models" from global warming scientists show
that global warming will be in retreat at least until 2015.

Combined with the fact that there has been no global warming
since the peak year of 1998, even Climate Alarmist scientists
are being forced to recognize that we could be looking at
nearly a two-decade hiatus from global warming.

For the record, here's the history of global warming back to
1940 and projected through 2015:

1940-1974 (34 years) -- global cooling
1975-1998 (23 years) -- global warming
1999-2015 (17 years) -- temperatures level then cool

Go here for access to resources on these newest reports:

http://www.grassfire.net/r.asp?u=6814&RID=11589094

+ + Helping you expose the hoax

_____, Al Gore's idea that man-made global warming has
created a "planetary emergency" is a hoax. But the overwhelming
barrage from the media and Hollywood means you and I still have
an uphill fight to stop the Al Gore tax.

Our records show that you have not yet signed the petiton
to Stop Climate Alarmism. Please go here to sign today:

Thanks so much for taking a stand.

Steve

P.S. I just got off a strategic conference call with our Capitol Hill
contacts who informed me that the Al Gore Tax bill is still slated
for a vote in early June. We fully expect the Senate to vote on
this $1.2 trillion Al Gore Tax before the first day of summer.
Please sign the petition today:

Has any else heard of this global warming bill/tax? It sounds awful.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down