Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Spanking in California EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Spanking in California EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Spanking in California EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Spanking in California EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Spanking in California EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Spanking in California EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Spanking in California EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Spanking in California EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Spanking in California EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Spanking in California

3 posters

Go down

Spanking in California Empty Spanking in California

Post by BrianEschen Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 pm

I know that it seems like California is continually the battle ground for such things, and that no doubt this will be seen as another reason to leave the state, but certain representatives in the California congress are trying to ban parents from spanking their children. Last year it was attempted and failed due to tremendous opposition. This year the same lady is trying again. Please pray for California that this tyrannical bill will be defeated again.

While we are on the topic . . . what role does the civil government have in the matter of raising children? What place does God give them in the training and instruction of children? Where does the Bible speak to this, or is it silent in this matter?
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Spanking in California Empty Re: Spanking in California

Post by ElizabethBennet Sat May 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Horrid! I will be praying that this bill willl be defeated again!

As for your other questions, I'll have to do some reading before I answer them. Smile
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:17 am

while I agree that corporal punishment isnt necessarily wrong, you've got to see it from the side of the social workers who see spanking as abusive day in and day out.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:46 pm

cruisin'n5thgear wrote:while I agree that corporal punishment isnt necessarily wrong, you've got to see it from the side of the social workers who see spanking as abusive day in and day out.
For clarification . . . Do you mean to say that there are two valid positions . . . 1) spanking is not wrong and 2) spanking is abusive and therefore wrong?

On a different line of questioning, do you believe that because some people abuse something that it should be outlawed by the civil magistrate? I'm interested to hear you view on this.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:50 am

BrianEschen wrote:
cruisin'n5thgear wrote:while I agree that corporal punishment isnt necessarily wrong, you've got to see it from the side of the social workers who see spanking as abusive day in and day out.
For clarification . . . Do you mean to say that there are two valid positions . . . 1) spanking is not wrong and 2) spanking is abusive and therefore wrong?

On a different line of questioning, do you believe that because some people abuse something that it should be outlawed by the civil magistrate? I'm interested to hear you view on this.

I'm only saying that social workers see the abusive side of spanking. I believe that spanking has a part in raising a child. Although I don't think spanking should be outlawed, I believe that spanking can be abusive, and that child abuse is completely wrong and punishable by law.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:58 pm

cruisin'n5thgear wrote:
BrianEschen wrote:

I'm only saying that social workers see the abusive side of spanking. I believe that spanking has a part in raising a child. Although I don't think spanking should be outlawed, I believe that spanking can be abusive, and that child abuse is completely wrong and punishable by law.
So then do we let the social workers determine what is abuse and what is not? What exactly is the standard? Everyone is against "abuse". Each person just defines it differently. How do you know if you are being "abusive" to your children?
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by judgedanny Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:07 pm

I grew up never getting a spanking and I turned out fine. Still, once kids know that they can get away with more because of a new law, they will go for it.

judgedanny
Loafer
Loafer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 pm

judgedanny wrote:I grew up never getting a spanking and I turned out fine. Still, once kids know that they can get away with more because of a new law, they will go for it.
I believe that is true. However we must have a more unwavering standard than one's own experience. Are we to base our laws on people's experiences and opinions? I shudder when I think where that will lead . . . actually we have a good example of where this leads in this land with the widespread murder of unborn children.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down