Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
DC rejects handgun application EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
DC rejects handgun application EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
DC rejects handgun application EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
DC rejects handgun application EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
DC rejects handgun application EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
DC rejects handgun application EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
DC rejects handgun application EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
DC rejects handgun application EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
DC rejects handgun application EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DC rejects handgun application

2 posters

Go down

DC rejects handgun application Empty DC rejects handgun application

Post by sergeantgiggles Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Link: http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74036&catid=158

Background: Dick Heller is the person who originally obtained the writ of certiorari for the DC vs. Heller Supreme Court case, which struck down the DC gun ban as unconstitutional.

Summary: The DC Police rejected Dick Heller's gun registration again. Their reason for rejection, according to the article, was: "the gun was a bottom-loading weapon, and according to their interpretation, all bottom-loading guns are outlawed because they are grouped with machine guns."

If I was a spokesman for the DC Police, I'd at least try to make an excuse that doesn't look like nonsense to a casual observer*.

More importantly, however, this seems to show that police and city governments are going to try to dig in, ignore and resist federal law with regard to gun control, just like they resisted when the other amendments in the Bill of Rights were incorporated. Unlike in the past, though, the prevailing opinion among the legislative branch and the executive agencies seems to be just fine with allowing cities to continue with de facto gun bans. I don't see Congress trying to tighten the noose by withholding funding from the capital (ha!), and of course there's not going to be anything drastic like when federal troops enforced the Brown v. Board decision.

Figures.

*: To the uninitiated: almost all automatic (non-revolver) pistols and most magazine-fed rifles load from the bottom. A magazine-fed rifle can be bolt/lever-action, semi-automatic, or automatic, and two of those three are not classified as machine guns.
sergeantgiggles
sergeantgiggles

Back to top Go down

DC rejects handgun application Empty Re: DC rejects handgun application

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Yah, I read about this...totally sucks. I can't stand it when "public servants" decide that they will uphold the liberal agenda instead of doing what is best for the people. There should be an uproar about this...we as conservatives should push for our rights and the rights of our brothers in DC. What on earth happened to a government "of the people, by the people and for the people"?
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum