Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Presidential Appointments EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Presidential Appointments EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Presidential Appointments EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Presidential Appointments EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Presidential Appointments EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Presidential Appointments EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Presidential Appointments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Presidential Appointments EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Presidential Appointments EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Presidential Appointments

5 posters

Go down

Presidential Appointments Empty Presidential Appointments

Post by ElizabethBennet Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:11 pm

See this article on one of the presumtive president elect's appointments. Read the article, and give your opinion on whether or not you think Clinton's possible appointment is constitutional or not.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Presidential Appointments Empty Re: Presidential Appointments

Post by BrianEschen Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks for the article. It is always interesting to learn more about the laws of our country. It sounds to me that her appointment would be unconstitutional. I like the quote, "We may not be attorneys, but we do speak English."

Not only is it constitutional to prohibit her appointment, I believe it is also biblical since the Bible warns about setting a ruler over you who, "multiplies gold and silver unto himself." The reason in our Constitution and in Scripture is obvious . . . the love of money is a corrupting influence.

In my opinion it matters little that the salary was increased by President Bush by Executive Order and not by legislative enactment. This only serves to obscure the issue. Why did the Senate not challenge the Executive Order? It is a little to convenient to abdicate one's responsibility and then blame the situation on the person to whom you gave that authority.

Since this has been going on since the mid-70's however, I doubt there will be much of an objection made. It will be interesting to see if her salary gets cut back to pre-Bush figures though. We will have to wait and see. Question
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Thank you for your input!

Out of curiousity, how would one prohibit her appointment? I doubt it actually happening, but I'm interested to see where this may go.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 am

What do you all think of the other potential appointments by Obama?
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 am

I suppose that this eliminates her from the office of secretary of state. However, I don't think that this will stop the Congress from affirming her.

I have a problem with the slant of the article, as it seems to be holding on to a position of undercutting Obama's legitimacy for the presidency. I think that any conservative publication would do well to refrain from protesting Obama's birthplace, because he probably was born here in the US. And if it is proven, then all of us conservatives look stupid. If it is proven that he was born out of country, then we are vindicated. But protesting without firm information either way just opens the door to being embaressed. Just my .02 cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:32 pm

89whiteandnerdy wrote:What do you all think of the other potential appointments by Obama?

I think that he is leaking potential appointments and watching the public response before he makes his final decision. Wink

cruisin'n5thgear wrote:
I have a problem with the slant of the article, as it seems to be holding on to a position of undercutting Obama's legitimacy for the presidency. I think that any conservative publication would do well to refrain from protesting Obama's birthplace, because he probably was born here in the US. And if it is proven, then all of us conservatives look stupid. If it is proven that he was born out of country, then we are vindicated. But protesting without firm information either way just opens the door to being embaressed. Just my .02 cents.

But if he has nothing to hide, then why doesn't he just release a copy of his birth certificate? If he was born in the US, then it really wouldn't be that hard. I don't see it as saying Obama is illegitimately in power, but that it is a possibility. You would think that if it would cause conservatives embarrassment, that they would just come out and prove that Obama was born in the USA!
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:42 am

why doesn't he just release a copy of his birth certificate?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-birth-certificate1dec08,0,7258812.story[img][/img]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-obama-birth-certificate-photo,0,7688869.photo

Rumors never die! Here's his birth certificate!

Let me state, I am completely AGAINST Obama. I hate his ideals just like you do. However, I don't want to hop on an extremest bandwagon. I want to be accurate and reasonable in my idealogical differences with Obama.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:19 pm

cruisin'n5thgear wrote:
why doesn't he just release a copy of his birth certificate?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-birth-certificate1dec08,0,7258812.story[img][/img]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-obama-birth-certificate-photo,0,7688869.photo

Rumors never die! Here's his birth certificate!

Let me state, I am completely AGAINST Obama. I hate his ideals just like you do. However, I don't want to hop on an extremest bandwagon. I want to be accurate and reasonable in my idealogical differences with Obama.

If I understand correctly, the certificate of live birth (the link to which you provided) is a different document. That if a child is born out of country, you can travel to Hawaii and obtain one of these documents. He can be an American citizen, but not a natural born citizen as the constitution requires. Since the Supreme Court won't hear the case, I figure would probably be better dropped, though the doubt will always be there.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tuubaaku Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Yeah, I've heard the same thing - it's documented that these certificates have been given to people not born in the US. So, still no birth certificate, still no proof that he is eligible to be President of the United States of America. I really don't understand why it's not required to make those documents public if you want to be President.

Anyway, he might well have been born in Hawaii. However, I definitely don't trust him to just tell me the truth, and I will not be convinced until those documents are released.

tuubaaku
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 am

Well, I can't imagine a greater scandal than for a sitting president to have revealed that he wasn't born in this country. Probably won't happen, but that would be one for the books!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Yeah, he'll deny until he can't get away with denying it any more, then he'll say "So what?" and the people will say "so what?" and the issue will finally be dropped.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum