Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Biblical Border Security EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Biblical Border Security EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Biblical Border Security EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Biblical Border Security EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Biblical Border Security EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Biblical Border Security EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Biblical Border Security EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Biblical Border Security EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Biblical Border Security EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Biblical Border Security

2 posters

Go down

Biblical Border Security Empty Re: Biblical Border Security

Post by TheWylff Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm thinking this is on topic, but if not, disregard it.

What I want to know is what reason do you have (YoungStonewall, and any others who have said things similar) to say that illegal aliens should be shot? If you don't get that from the Bible and the "moral" law, then where do you get it? They didn't kill anyone. What did they do? They stepped onto a piece of land that doesn't belong to their government. Big deal. That doesn't deserve the death penalty. The Bible strictly says that if a man kills a man in premeditated thought, and sometimes in other, similar cases, then he needs to be killed. Other than that, how can you justify the death penalty for anything else than first degree murder? It's certainly not in the moral law. If you don't have a basis and if the Judicial law is completely made void, then you have no basis for punishment other than what is strictly pointed out for each specific commandment. This is going back to what was in part discussed and brought up earlier, but never addressed.
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://www.fidelitybiblekits.com/theedp

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:34 pm

What I proposed was a two year grace period to either acquire legal status or leave the country. After that point, they would all be forcably expelled. Anyone trying to cross the border illegally is an invader and should be shot on sight. This is the duty of the government, to protect her borders from invaders.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall
High Lord Protector Against Sanity

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:14 pm

YoungStonewall wrote:What I proposed was a two year grace period to either acquire legal status or leave the country. After that point, they would all be forcably expelled. Anyone trying to cross the border illegally is an invader and should be shot on sight. This is the duty of the government, to protect her borders from invaders.

Two things. Well, maybe more than two things. They aren't invading. Can you show me (from the 10 commandments, of course) that the country is supposed to kill people coming in illegally?

Let me give you an example of a similar situation. Two countries, one border. They aren't legal citizens.

North Korea and South Korea. The people who escape North Korea and flee to South Korea aren't legally there. Eventually, of course, it's possible. But the reason they are fleeing North Korea is that the country is so bad they can't stand to live there. Do you think S. Korea should shoot the N. Koreans? Of course not! That's ridiculous.

Personally, I find your views disturbing and unbiblical, besides being inconsistent. (how is it in the 10 commandments? The only rule that applies today? You still evaded the question)

I can understand not wanting the "aliens" in here. It causes problems. I cannot understand (knowing humans, I can but I'd rather not) why people would have the opinion that others coming into the country, not coming to invade or with malicious intentions, should just be shot when they approach. That's sick. I can see no biblical reason behind it. Mind if you back your statement up? All you said is clarified what you'd do. You didn't give it a biblical basis.
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Let me give you an example of a similar situation. Two countries, one border. They aren't legal citizens.

North Korea and South Korea. The people who escape North Korea and flee to South Korea aren't legally there. Eventually, of course, it's possible. But the reason they are fleeing North Korea is that the country is so bad they can't stand to live there. Do you think S. Korea should shoot the N. Koreans? Of course not! That's ridiculous.

I'm not sure where you got this information but is totally false.

I just talked to a retired US Army sniper who served 27 months in Korea. If anyone is discovered attemting to cross the DMZ (border), they are warned once on a loud speaker and if they don't turn around are instantly annihilated, with mortars and machine guns.

Please verify your facts before you post them.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Let us, for the sake of argument, entertain the idea that what I said was, as you implied, stupid, unfounded and completely wrong. You still evaded the question.
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Let us, for the sake of argument, entertain the idea that what I said was, as you implied, stupid, unfounded and completely wrong.

I didn't imply anything. I simply stated that the information you posted was incorrect.

If having your information challenged bothers you , then perhaps you should verify your information before you post it.

You still evaded the question.

See below:

All nations have a duty to protect their citizens.

"...to this end, has armed them with the power of the sword, for the defence and encouragement of them that are good, and for the punishment of evil doers." - WCF 23

Romans 13 - 1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

A person entering a nation illegally is breaking that nations law, and is (irrespective of their intensions) commiting an act of invasion, just like a soldier with a rifle or a terroist with a bomb.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm

I didn't imply anything. I simply stated that the information you posted was incorrect.

If having your information challenged bothers you , then perhaps you should verify your information before you post it.

I'm not sure where you got this information but is totally false.

I just talked to a retired US Army sniper who served 27 months in Korea. If anyone is discovered attemting to cross the DMZ (border), they are warned once on a loud speaker and if they don't turn around are instantly annihilated, with mortars and machine guns.

Please verify your facts before you post them.

Your words implied that what I said was, if nothing else, completely ridiculous and silly. "I don't know where you got that information, but it is totally false." That doesn't sound like a simple statement that it was incorrect. If you wanted to say it was incorrect, there are gentler ways of doing it. And since you didn't use any smilies, I must assume you were fully serious in what you said.

I have no problem if someone questions my information. I have my sources and have reason to believe that I'm right, but I just don't have time to get into a big discussion about it. Especially online.

Now that you have at last answer the question, I see where you are coming from. I don't know that there is much to say, but it seems to go against what my Bible says. I don't see that "Invaders" such as the illegal immigrants pose a threat to warrant cutting them down in cold blood like that. But I consider this a closed case on my part and there is nothing more for me to say. You are obviously set in the view, and I have better things to do than argue this subject to great lengths. It would be pointless.

::leaves::

Edit: Here's as good a place as any. If I've sounded harsh or condescending anywhere in the discussions, it was not my intention to do so. I only wished to present my views as opponent to opponent, not as person to person. If I have seemed otherwise, please forgive me. I am not attacking you—just debating your views.

~Wylff
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down