Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Impeachment and Convictions EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Impeachment and Convictions EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Impeachment and Convictions EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Impeachment and Convictions

2 posters

Go down

Impeachment and Convictions Empty Impeachment and Convictions

Post by CheeseKing Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:49 am

One of the many happy jobs of Congress is to impeach the federal violaters of the Constitution. They succeded in ousting some odd federal judges (they should have taken Blackmun when they had the chance) and impeached two presidents. The first was Andrew Johnson, our 17th president, famous for being drunk in Abe's 2nd Inaugurable ceremony. As horrible as that sounds, he was a better president than ole' Abe, trying to protect the South from the wicked radical congress of the day. Congress impeached Mr. Johnson for ousting a certain gentleman from his cabinet (I hope you realize that one could do anything with their cabinet and it wouldn't really matter, seeing how they were a creation of Mr. Washington's, not the Constitution). After some bribery and deals, a Senator decided not to join the majority of senators in the ruling, so Johnson was saved from being convicted on a lame charge.

I'm sure you all know about the other impeached president. That booger managed to stay in office and the public loved him anyway. (how horrible...) If the Republicans didn't have the majority at the time, Clinton wouldn't have been convicted. It was common knowledge that FDR and JFK were having affairs, but the democrat congress didn't care. As soon as they caught the slightest hint of a scandal with Nixon, they went all over him. The poor booger could have just confessed to the crime and gotten away clean, but dodging the issue put him into the impeachment position. He chose to resign and Mr. Ford pardoned him to get the nation out of the past, to focus on the future.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Impeachment and Convictions Empty Re: Impeachment and Convictions

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:32 am

I haven't researched the Nixon administration and Watergate very much, I'm not too familiar with the events surrounding that, but I do know that Ford's popularity dropped as soon as he pardoned Nixon. There were rumors of a "deal", that Nixon would resign so that Ford could take office...what do you all think about this? Let's discuss and share knowledge about Watergate and the resulting events.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum