Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Do you know what I think? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Do you know what I think? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Do you know what I think? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Do you know what I think? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Do you know what I think? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Do you know what I think? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Do you know what I think? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Do you know what I think? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Do you know what I think? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do you know what I think?

5 posters

Go down

Do you know what I think? Empty Do you know what I think?

Post by CheeseKing Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:14 am

I think all the states should secede. What do you think about that? Shocked
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Do you know what I think? Empty Re: Do you know what I think?

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:03 am

I think two things:

1)It won't happen.

2)Not a bad idea. A lot of the problems in our country today are caused by the expansion of the Federal government and its power. A mass secession would give the power back to the states and citizens, and still allow room for some kind of union or confederation in the future.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:13 pm

I completely agree! Josiah is probably right that we they won't however I think it is an excellent idea. What we really need is to start over and get rid of the Federal government. Since we can't move to an uninhabited place like we did to start this nation we need to secede. Can anyone give me a good reason why seceding would be wrong?
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 am

It could be wrong if done rashly or without a valid cause...
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Alright. I agree that we can't do it rashly but something needs to be done. Sometimes I can't believe where we are as a country.
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:06 pm

As Josiah said, it is a great idea. Do I think it possible, though? No! It could happen in future generations, perhaps, but I am not positive that such an event could take place any time soon.

It would be a lot easier that way, though! However, I believe that the best way to take America back is the way we lost it - piece by piece, step by step, battle by battle. We should start at the bottom and work our way up. We need revival in this country, starting with the family, and work from there on out.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 pm

We probably will have to take it back battle by battle. However we must work from both directions; getting people like Ron Paul in government to start reforming the government and as well as praying and working for revival in the churches. It will work best if we do both. We need people like Josiah Tillett who are getting into government and we need people like I who are going into the pastoral ministry. But I'm not discounting the role of the individual Christian who does evangelistic outreach or the individual citizen who is active in promoting good politicians either. We need Yahweh's blessing most of all however, because "Unless Yahweh builds/watches…they labor/watch in vain." So let us pray and "think nationally while acting locally." Wink
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Legolas Greenleaf wrote:We need people like Josiah Tillett who are getting into government

Me for President!!! Laughing
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 am

Legolas Greenleaf wrote: Since we can't move to an uninhabited place like we did to start this nation we need to secede.

How about an almost uninhabited place? Alaska is almost the size of Europe and yet only has 600,000 inhabitants. There are movements to secede within and its only been made a state, because the US government said that the non-Alaskan military forces could vote in the election. So that means that soldiers from New York, Georgia and the like were the deciding factor, over ruling the Alaskans that wanted to be independent. With that being said, there is a movement to redo that election and my friend is determined to move there on the basis of religious persecution, just like the Puritans fleeing from Holland. Alaska is highly decentralized, having few citizens and has excessive land and is willing to pay US citizens to move there. You can't beat that! It's highly conservative and not being part of the Continental US has the greatest likelihood of successful secession. It could easily be made a Christian Republic and hopefully others would follow suite.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:50 am

The climate must be considered though. Not every one can take six months of night. Sleep affraid
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Very true. Some have considered buying homes and lands and actually staying in Alaska part of the year. I, personally, love the night and would enjoy the cold.

Many deny the likelihood of such things, but we just need to stay aware and pounce on the right situations. The nation is crumbling. Many fear that we are on the brink of a major economic collapse. If so, the time might be ripe for a new system. In desperation, people would be far more likely to consider such options, but we must not let another FDR crush us again. The feds will run out of tricks and will no longer be able to maitain the dollar's value, which means it might be wise to invest in Silver. Don't let the low prices fool you. There is only so much silver.

I wouldn't go as far as completely abolishing the Federal Government, but harshly limiting it, forbidding it from buying land or interfering in state business, unless it affects other states in detrimental ways listed in a Constitution. The founders failed to mention God in the Constitution. We need to create laws that are more biblically focused. For now, seek office in the local spheres. Work on reforming Waxhaw, Dublin, and Pleasanton. From there, move on to other cities and work on them. Keep your churches pure and attend evening services at other churches and keep them pure as well. As the church goes, so goes the nation. Take the local and we'll have the ground to bring in new changes and let your ideas seep into society, that the people may be more supportive of secession. It shouldn't take much to get the south on board. We just need to get some non-southern states to secede as well.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:43 pm

According to Patrick Henry, secession is impossible given the Constitution. If he is right, is an act of war against the Federal Government (Although I would argue that in the Second War for Independence it was the North that was the first aggressor - the South just wanted the Constitution of its forefathers - in that sense the South was the defender). Henry saw that the Constitution swallowed up the states into a monolithic central government that would eventually trample on the rights of the weaker states. For this reason and others he did not support the Constitution until it was ratified. Of course his concerns were realized and finally brought to their grim conclusion in the war of Northern Aggression. War was the only thing that could break up the union. The North was successful in their endeavors to crush the Christian South, their last great obstacle to a return to the rule of man. "Jesus Christ as King, we have no King but Caesar," was the battle cry. king

My suggestion would be to use the Constitution we have been bequeathed and reform under that. This won't happen until the churches repent. We are not yet ready. May God soon have mercy on us.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum