Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Oath of Office EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Oath of Office EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Oath of Office EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Oath of Office EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Oath of Office EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Oath of Office EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Oath of Office EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Oath of Office EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Oath of Office EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Oath of Office

3 posters

Go down

Oath of Office Empty Oath of Office

Post by BrianEschen Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:36 pm

"What's your favorite Bible verse and why?" is often a question you will hear during a pastor interview to see if he is fit for leadership. With those type of challenging questions being raised in our churches, it is no wonder we get their political equivalent in the "debates." One such question was posed to the GOP candidates yesterday afternoon . . . "What new years resolution would you give to one of the OTHER candidates on stage with you?" Of course I thought the fireworks would start flying but it ended up being a very innocuous question with your typical campaign cliches (with an accent on the "e") from most of the candidates.

The best answer came from the best candidate (I'll let you guess who that is for the fun of it). He said, "Each person needs to read the constitution and take seriously the oath of office they will take to uphold it. It is time for us to stop doing whatever we want to and start following the rule of law."

The worst answer came from someone who reminds me of Abraham Lincoln (I will let you both determine what my views of our 16th president and who this answer came from). He said, "We need to be the nation united not divided. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because we are divided and that has effectively shut down our government." If I didn't believe in reincarnation . . . afro
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Oath of Office Empty Re: Oath of Office

Post by CheeseKing Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:42 pm

lol, while many candidates pose off of Reagan, I guess others are posing off of Lincoln. I think I know who gave the first resolution, but i'm not sure about the other. It would be fun to ask the candidates what their favorite verses are. Some might be in deep water, not knowing any. Candidates need to follow their oath of office and on that note, we should only allow people to swear in on the bible.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by HokieAirman Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:34 am

I've posted the oaths of office for each branch of government, as well as the typical state and local oaths (thanks Wikipedia).

The President

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The Legislative

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

The one you just read, for the Legislators is the one I took myself when I entered the US Air Force.

And the Judicial

I do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me, according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the Constitution, and laws of the United States. So help me God.

State and Local:

I solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of New York, (and the Charter of the City of New York, e.g.), and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of (mayor of the City of New York, e.g.) to the best of my ability. (So help me God is traditionally added.)

Sometimes I wonder if anyone even pays any attention to this, or if they are thinking, "I do solemnly swear to support and defend the 'empire' of the United States...or the 'globalist enterprise' of the United States, but never are thinking 'sovereignty' or 'constitution'. I'm disappointed in most of the members of our National Government, in that they seem to be selling our sovereignty right from under our noses. In the process, they are selling us into the very depths of slavery through National Debt, about which, each of you who sign your tax return is saying, "I agree to shoulder my share of the national debt."
HokieAirman
HokieAirman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum