Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
conservative vote EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
conservative vote EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
conservative vote EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
conservative vote EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
conservative vote EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
conservative vote EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
conservative vote EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
conservative vote EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
conservative vote EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

conservative vote

+5
YoungStonewall
ElizabethBennet
addo1
CheeseKing
89whiteandnerdy
9 posters

Go down

conservative vote Empty conservative vote

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:44 am

I've had a concern ever since there was first discussion about the upcoming presidential election, and I wanted to discuss it. It seems to me that the conservative vote will be split this coming election. It's happened in the past, and I think it's a valid concern now. What the conservatives need is unity, we need to unite behind one candidate and push him all the way to the White House. Otherwise the Democrats will take the election, and we could end up with either Queen Jezebel or a Muslim in the White House.

Comments?
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

conservative vote Empty Re: conservative vote

Post by CheeseKing Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:30 pm

Well, among friends and family, pull for the man best suited for office, a God-fearing christian that will hold to the Constitution. Any of the republicans running could do better than Jezebel or Muhammad. All my reformed friends are pulling for Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee. I think we should choose one or the other and run with him. The non christians and luke warmers may hold for someone else. We need to find the ideal candidate and put firey support behind them, advertising and telling everyone about them.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by addo1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:17 am

I am a dedicated Christian and I believe Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for our country... My reasons are this:
1. He is a dedicated Christian
2. He has many morals and values in his life
3. He focuses on Family life
4. He has PROVED himself as leader
5. He would have majority conservative vote
6. much more...
addo1
addo1

http://captoday.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Ditto to what addo1 says.

I agree, Josiah. We really need that unity. If the vote is split, I don't see how we can get a Republican in the office. I don't know if any of you read the article on World Net Daily (if anyone wants to read it, let me know and I'll find the link). The author made an excellent point - if the conservative vote splits in the general election between the Rep. candidate and a third party candidate, it would be an easy win for the Dem. candidate. We should be willing to come behind the Rep. candidate - if it comes down to Rudy vs. Hillary, Rudy would get my vote every time. I think it should really come down to whether you are going to vote for the Democratic nominee or the Republican nominee, and not consider a third party candidate.

As CheeseKing said, we should really choose Huckabee or Ron Paul. However, I agree most with Huckabee (I disagree with Ron Paul's foreign policy. Other than that, he's a great guy!). Huckabee is also leading in the polls right now in Iowa and South Carolina. He appears to have a majority of the support. Right now, I really don't think Ron Paul has a chance of getting the Republican nomination.
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by addo1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Huckabee will have Arkansas, too almost for sure.
addo1
addo1

http://captoday.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:46 pm

As ethical christians you must all vote your conscience NOT who is electable.

"...for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe." Martin Luther

YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall
High Lord Protector Against Sanity

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 pm

After further research I would have no problem whatsoever voting for Mike Huckabee, I think he would make a great president.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:15 am

From the very limited material I have read on the candidates I think I agree most with Ron Paul. I plan to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. However if Mike Huckabee was the republican nominee. I would even vote Mitt Romney if it was him or someone else. I plan tentatively to vote for the republican candidate.

However, I read someone saying they'd vote Rudy vs. Hillary. I personally could never vote for that creep. I would almost rather vote democrat. If that were the choice I would vote other or not at all.

Isaiah English Smile
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:03 am

I'd probably vote for Huckabee too if he believed in the rule of law. elephant
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:54 am

***WARNING*** TOPIC DRIFT!!!
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:10 am

Aye, the most solid of any candidate is Ron Paul and I may vote for him. If you can convince Huckabee to change his healthcare policy, I might reconsider Wink.
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:24 pm

I definitely agree that the conservatives need to group together. The fact is, we are NEVER going to get a president we agree with 100%. So there are always things they think that we aren't going to like. And there are always going to be things we find out after they become president, most of the time things we don't like. If the conservatives are split between Huckabee and Paul, then the more liberal repulicans will probably get their pick, probably Rudy. So we need to stop looking for the perfect canidate—there isn't any—and decide who has the best chance. Not that you should vote someone in who would be in favour of abortion, but close enough to your own views that we get him rather than someone terrible. Isn't it better to get someone you agree with on most things (the imporant things such as Homosexuality, abortion, etc) than get stuck over small things?

~Wylff
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://www.fidelitybiblekits.com/theedp

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:49 am

Amen! We all need to just vote for Ron Paul. He is the perfect match.
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:21 am

TheWylff wrote:I definitely agree that the conservatives need to group together. The fact is, we are NEVER going to get a president we agree with 100%. So there are always things they think that we aren't going to like. And there are always going to be things we find out after they become president, most of the time things we don't like. If the conservatives are split between Huckabee and Paul, then the more liberal repulicans will probably get their pick, probably Rudy. So we need to stop looking for the perfect canidate—there isn't any—and decide who has the best chance. Not that you should vote someone in who would be in favour of abortion, but close enough to your own views that we get him rather than someone terrible. Isn't it better to get someone you agree with on most things (the imporant things such as Homosexuality, abortion, etc) than get stuck over small things?

~Wylff

That pretty much sums up my view on the matter. If the conservative vote is split, what we are going to end up with is the same thing we ran into back when Bill Clinton was running for President - the Democrats will walk away with an easy victory because we have become divided.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm

We will be defeated unless we give up our conservative values. So what's the choice we're left with? A catch 22. Go with a moderate liberal or vote our opinion and watch the ship sink?

Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Just Me wrote:We will be defeated unless we give up our conservative values. So what's the choice we're left with? A catch 22. Go with a moderate liberal or vote our opinion and watch the ship sink?

You're missing something here. The only reason we may be defeated is if people give up their conservative values. If we as the conservative voters are united, and stand on our convictions, we will have the victory. If we all voted by our consciences instead of by who is electable, the right man would make it into office.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Me Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:33 pm

If we all really voted for who we morally thought would be the right person, we probably shouldn't even register for a party, since even Republicans don't vote along the Christian lines they profess to support. We should all register independant, or nothing at all and then actually do the research across the party lines to pick our individaul canadite.

Of couse, the likelyhood of that happening is about the same as people buying private health insurance on their own.... but that's another converstation all together.

Just Me

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Just Me wrote:If we all really voted for who we morally thought would be the right person, we probably shouldn't even register for a party, since even Republicans don't vote along the Christian lines they profess to support. We should all register independant, or nothing at all and then actually do the research across the party lines to pick our individaul canadite.

Of couse, the likelyhood of that happening is about the same as people buying private health insurance on their own.... but that's another converstation all together.

We can't focus on likelihoods or probabilities. God has never left the results up to us. Obedience is ours, He can and does handle the results just fine. I for one will not speed the decay of society with complicity. I will not take part in the unfruitful deeds of darkness but rather expose them. I would argue (scripturally I hope) that to compromise with the world is to hide our light under a bushel. Where is the distinction or the offer of a solution if we look just like the world? Where is the hope in that? The gospel IS the power of God unto salvation. It will not be defeated and the resulting fruit of that WILL be a reformed society. I'll take the winning side. I'll take the right side. bounce
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down