Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Design of the Mound System of Waste Water Treatment
Who should women vote for? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am by HallettStan

» Big Brothers Big Sisters- Recognition for Accountability
Who should women vote for? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:10 am by DONALD C

» Dedicated to Energy
Who should women vote for? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am by shulink

» Rest In Peace . . .
Who should women vote for? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:09 pm by 89whiteandnerdy

» American Revolution - Biblical?
Who should women vote for? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm by BrianEschen

» Is Slavery Wrong? Why or why not.
Who should women vote for? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm by BrianEschen

» Patriot Act
Who should women vote for? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am by YoungStonewall

» God is Just
Who should women vote for? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am by CheeseKing

» Questioning More "Facts" From American History
Who should women vote for? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm by BrianEschen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who should women vote for?

+5
ElizabethBennet
Legolas Greenleaf
YoungStonewall
89whiteandnerdy
LadyEowyn
9 posters

Go down

Who should women vote for? Empty Who should women vote for?

Post by LadyEowyn Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm

If a christian woman votes, do you think she should vote for the same candidate that her father/husband votes for, since he is her covenant head? What if her father/husband is not a christian?
LadyEowyn
LadyEowyn

Back to top Go down

Who should women vote for? Empty Re: Who should women vote for?

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Ouch. Toughie. Very Happy

Unless someone here can convince me otherwise, I would say that a woman should vote according to her conscience, and not the wishes of another. It seems to me that this would be an instance of obeying God rather than men.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungStonewall Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Hmmm I see Nerdy is a rabid femminist.
YoungStonewall
YoungStonewall
High Lord Protector Against Sanity
High Lord Protector Against Sanity

Location : I have gone to find myself. If I should come back before I return...keep me here.

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:57 pm

YoungStonewall wrote:Hmmm I see Nerdy is a rabid femminist.

No, I'm not. Why don't you post your view on the topic instead of cracking jokes?
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas Greenleaf Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:07 pm

My understanding or what you may call view is that a woman is to obey her husband at all costs, even if he is an unbeliever, unless to do so would be directly against the Bible's teaching.
So unless somehow the Bible forbids her to vote for the candidate her husband tells her to vote for she must obey. However if he votes for one person and says she is free to vote for another candidate that's fine. If he tells her to vote for someone than unless she can find strong Biblical warrant AGAINST it she must obey.
Legolas Greenleaf
Legolas Greenleaf
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBennet Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:33 am

This would be more the issue of women's submission, than of who to vote for, IMO

89whiteandnerdy wrote:Unless someone here can convince me otherwise, I would say that a woman should vote according to her conscience, and not the wishes of another. It seems to me that this would be an instance of obeying God rather than men.

So, are you saying she shouldn't be willing to submit to the man the Lord has placed over her at a particular time in her life? That in submitting herself to her the man over her - as God has commanded - would be a case of obeying man, not God?

I agree with Legolas Greenleaf has stated. If her father/husband is not a Christian, she is still under obligation to submit to him - unless it is something that has been forbidding by God. She must be a witness to him for Christ.

If her father/husband is a Christian, I don't think she should vote for whoever he votes for, just because he is voting for a certain candidate. If he wishes for her to vote for the same candidate, then she should submit to his headship. However, I believe she should still discuss with him why he feels led to vote for a certain person - a Christian woman is not the doormat feminists try to make her out to be, she is an intelligent person who can think for herself. And if he has given her permission to vote her conscience, then she has that freedom to choose, though I believe she should still be willing to discuss her choose with the man the Lord has put in authority over her.

Last edited by ElizabethBennet on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElizabethBennet
ElizabethBennet
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://divine-deposits.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianEschen Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:12 pm

I think that if a woman votes against her covenant head she has in effect canceled out his vote and gone against her God-given authority. Since God has not ordained for women to vote, it would be hard to make a general case for allowing a woman to vote against her husband or father if she is unmarried.

The exception I see to this position is in the one mentioned above by whiteandnerdy. If a husband/father tells his wife and/or daughter to vote for someone who does not meet God's standards the wife obeys God rather than man (a woman is to obey in the Lord). This is not however a blank check. Conscience must be held captive by the Word of God, not by a feeling or "burning in the bosom" (which could be nothing more than indigestion pale ). The standards for voting are clearly laid out in Scripture (Ex 18:13-27 and Deut 17:14-20). I am however open for correction if I have messed up somewhere in my thinking.
BrianEschen
BrianEschen
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWylff Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:28 pm

I think it seems pretty clear what they should do.

I don't know that a husband/father usually "tells" his daughter who do vote for, but if he does, unless the candidate is someone who will go completely against God's law (someone like Hillary) she should obey him. But like I said, I know my dad doesn't tell his wife (my mum) who to vote for. She might ask his advice, but she could do what she wanted.
TheWylff
TheWylff
Experienced Contributor
Experienced Contributor

http://www.fidelitybiblekits.com/theedp

Back to top Go down

Post by 89whiteandnerdy Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:07 pm

ElizabethBennet wrote:
89whiteandnerdy wrote:Unless someone here can convince me otherwise, I would say that a woman should vote according to her conscience, and not the wishes of another. It seems to me that this would be an instance of obeying God rather than men.

So, are you saying she shouldn't be willing to submit to the man the Lord has placed over her at a particular time in her life? That in submitting herself to her the man over her - as God has commanded - would be a case of obeying man, not God?

Perhaps I didn't express myself very well. What I meant was that if the husband was telling her to vote against what she felt according to the Bible to be wrong, in that case she should vote according to her conscience or perhaps refrain from voting. In any other circumstance, I would say that the woman should yield to her husband's wishes.

I will also mention that if I was married, I would never tell my wife who to vote for. I would allow her to vote according to her convictions.
89whiteandnerdy
89whiteandnerdy
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyEowyn Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:30 pm

When I am old enough to vote, and when I get married I am going to take advatage of the authority and wisdom that God has provided in my covenant head.

I think that women should always ask her father/husband for his opinion. If she is unmarried and fatherless, I think she should ask other wise men such as her elders or godly relatives.

I think that unless the opinion of her father/husband is against what the Bible says she should vote for the same candidate as him. If given permission to vote her conscience, she should vote for the best candidate in line with God's Word.

On a side note, unless the male head is not a believer, the woman and man will most likely agree. Considering the horrible choices of candidates these days. Rolling Eyes
LadyEowyn
LadyEowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseKing Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:09 pm

I think the answer is quite simple. If women are to vote, they should vote for Ron Paul. Who wouldn't vote for Ron Paul? As far as covenants go, If I were a wife of a husband, I wouldn't go along with voting for a cynical madman/woman like Obama or Hillary. I'd vote as the spirit led me. Very Happy
CheeseKing
CheeseKing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631165504

Back to top Go down

Post by killiat Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Lady Eowyn, as for voting, I don't exactly understand where ya'll are coming from with *covenant* but in our family, we are not told who to vote for. it is believed that it is our free will, and a informed opinion that we use to vote with. as far as a male telling a female who to vote for....here is where it gets muzzy. A relationship should have balance, so the male should listen to the wife as much as she does him. instead of trying to tell the other who to vote for, just share opinions, and make your voting decision from that. i do agree about the horrible choice of candidates though...
killiat
killiat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down